Monday, September 12, 2011

Copycat recipe~Jason's Deli Portabello Wrapini

I LOVE Jason's Deli, love love love it.  They have delicious whole foods with organic and whole ingredients and are lower on sodium than most other restaurants and kids meals I can approve of. Sadly they are a far drive for me so I don't get to go often.   This is something I had there once and fell in love with so I have created my own version to have at home when I can't get there. 

You will need:
Flat Outs whole grain wraps
Bell peppers
Portabello Mushroom
Mozzarella cheese shreds
Red onions
Cucumber
Lettuce
Tomato
Guacamole
Lite Ranch dressing

Chop, dice and/or slice the veggies to your desired size.  I slice mine thin for easier consumption.

Saute the portabello mushrooms in a light spray of olive oil to tenderize them or broil them under the oven broiler for a few minutes.  Heat a nonstick skillet on low and put in one wrap to warm on one side so it is easily flexible and a little toasty but not darkening.  Flip the wrap over and then quickly lay in 3-6 portabello slices depending on their size, then spread the veggies over the mushrooms, sprinkle on cheese, add lettuce, light drizzle of Ranch and a smear of guac (I do the guac to the side of the mushrooms just for easier spreading)  then wrap and flip.  You have to be careful not to over stuff or the wrap won't wrap and you have a mess on your hands...errr.... skillet.  Once toasted remove, plate and cut in half.  Enjoy! 

This is a delicious light meal that is easy on the waistline and the heart.  Low in fat and sodium and high in whole grains and fiber while being SUPER high in taste!! 

No comments: